Maintenance Technician - Apt./Condo
Company: Goldrich Kest
Location: West Covina
Posted on: January 24, 2023
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
- Salary Range: $23-$26 hourly (DOE)
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:00am - 5:00pm)
- Apartment Unit: This position does not come with a comped
Under the Supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance
Technician is responsible to assist and maintain the overall
appearance and maintenance needs of the community. Responsibilities
include curb appeal; help the Maintenance Manager; coordinate
make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform general
maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee
the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
The selected candidate will collaborate with the Maintenance
Manager for the overall property in order to assist the leasing
staff in achieving the overall occupancy goals, and assisting in
resident retention by providing a quality living experience for the
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It
is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of
this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform
job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
- Assists with the daily activities of the property's maintenance
team. Apply GK policies and procedures to all maintenance
operations of the community.
- Ensure all work is completed according to GK standards.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to coordinate the
move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion
of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns
need to be completed in 5 days.
- Assists in Managing open service requests through Onesite. Work
orders need to be completed in 24-48 hours.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Manager regarding the status
of work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a
- Comply with GK's key control policy by ensuring all keys must
be secured and no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
- Communicate with Maintenance Manager to maintain an up-to-date
supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the
- Help to consistently maintain a clean and attractive
environment around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and all common areas.
- Pick up trash on the property and in common areas, which
includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs,
trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Ensure policies and procedures, as well as safety and
compliance expectations are met.
- Assist with schedule, monitor and conduct preventative
maintenance on various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems,
HVAC, swimming pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural
- Work with Maintenance Manger to complete monthly and annual
inspections on time.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements.
- Report to Maintenance Manger any inoperable vehicles on
property, leaks, mold, injury, criminal activity and ensures
incident report is submitted immediately.
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a
safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety
- Work with Maintenance Manager to respond promptly to resident
complaints, concerns, and requests.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and
- Walk the property several times a day and picks up new debris,
including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied
at all times.
- Help to maintain the property's flowerbeds, plants, and grass
area, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance
(including pool furniture), and snow removal.
- Help to maintain clean doors and light fixtures throughout
property, as directed.
- Help conduct monthly lighting inspections and replacements of
lights where needed.
- Help to keep work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas,
equipment clean, and well organized.
- Help to perform common area painting.
- Present a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident
satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Materials and Equipment
This role routinely uses stepstools, ladders, power tools, hammers
drills, saws, and basic hand tools. Hand carts are used to
transports supplies. Work aides include electrical, plumbing,
maintenance, and cleaning supplies. Other work aids can include
paint, paint thinner, caulking, tile, and concrete.
Standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers,
visitors, and residents
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management,
and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work weekends, respond to after hour emergencies, as
needed. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation is
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance services
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses within the
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 2 + years' experience in maintenance or related industry.
- Previous Multifamily property experience is highly
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with
residents, vendors, management, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and OSHA
- Previous experience in work order management software highly
preferred as well as MS Office products, Excel, Word and
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the work day is spent indoors performing repairs
inside of apartments and when performing computer related work.
Exposure to seasonal temperatures occurs during summer and winter
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites
can be loud.
#joinGK Associated topics: dig, grounds, hardscaper, labor,
landfill, maintenence, road, surface, sweep, tree
Keywords: Goldrich Kest, West Covina , Maintenance Technician - Apt./Condo, Professions , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!