Remote Design Systems Technologist
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: West Covina
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American
(NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
As a Design Technologist, you will work across a spectrum of design
and engineering tools and systems to help discern and solve
problems with an understanding from both design and front-end
Working in a collaborative environment, you'll be an active
contributor to design from early-stage concepts all the way through
final delivery and launch and you'll also help form design and dev
documentation for the Design System.
You'll work closely with product management, design, engineering,
and executive leadership, bringing original ideas and fresh
approaches to each project.
- Design flows, wireframes, mockups to support our client API
- Translate visual and interaction design into working web
components for our design system.
- Contribute and evolve our design system - encompassing building
out overarching documentation and guidelines, a design library, and
front-end components (HTML, CSS).
- Build out accessibility-compliant, production-ready components
via HTML and CSS.
- Write design and technical documentation to communicate how a
design token, UI element, and component behaves, functions, and
provide contexts for its use.
- Help designers navigate technical scenarios and limitations and
provide feedback for their design solutions in regard to their
- Evangelize for design systems and communicate how the business,
product, designers, and engineers can benefit from investing in a
design system. Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficiency with modern front-end web languages; HTML, CSS, and
- Optional experience with Angular, React and Material UI.
- Experience maintaining a design system and component
- Fluency with mockup and prototyping tools such as Figma, or
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information
architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process,
as well as a fundamental knowledge of user experience principles
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn
challenges into opportunities.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action
in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication
skills, and solid design instincts who can translate their designs
into engineering-focused solutions.
- Ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI),
or equivalent combination of education and experience Typical Range
- 6+ years of experience as a front-end developer, UX engineer or
design system designer Salary Range: $80,000 - $123,000
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the
salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting,
and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be
determined by various factors, which may include a candidate's
education, training, experience, and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, West Covina , Remote Design Systems Technologist, Other , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!