Posted on: November 23, 2021
Delivery Team Supervisor
Department: Warehouse & Fulfillment
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles
Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's
working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for
people to furnish their space. We don't have brick and mortar
stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern
furniture. We've been rapidly growing for the past several years
and we're now on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members
to join us in Carson, LA.
We are looking for a Delivery Team Supervisor who is excited about
building an amazing team of people who will have a huge impact on
our customer experience. You will be responsible for leading the
day to day operations of a residential delivery program. You are a
solution-oriented individual striving to provide a "Remarkable
Delivery Experience" to our customers while promoting a safe and
productive workplace. You are competent driving straight trucks,
installing large products in homes, and understand dispatch
operations and other clerical tasks required to support our
What You'll Do
- Leading, coaching and supporting dispatch and delivery
- Maintain and report on multiple key performance indicators
related to safety, customer service, and productivity.
- Interface with other departments to execute on new initiatives
and issue resolution.
- Investigate, report, and act on safety or customer service
issues occurring in your region.
- Oversee local procurement and interact with vendors including
those providing trucks, repair, fuel, insurance, uniforms,
telecommunications, and more.
- Monitor hours worked, overtime, and ensure accurate submission
- Lead the recruiting, training, and onboarding process for new
- Maintain driver and vehicle logs.
- Ensure employee compliance with Article policies and
- Perform delivery or dispatch operations for the purpose of
training, accommodating significant business surges or staff
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 3 years' experience in any area related to pickup and delivery
services, moving, or residential delivery.
- Front-line experience delivering furniture to residences or in
the moving business.
- Route dispatch experience within the respective region.
- 1 year of direct customer interaction/service in any
- 2+ years supervisory experience of a final mile delivery team
of 15-20 drivers.
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred candidate would also possess:
- Good driving record with no serious infractions.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part
to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we
- Commitment to safety, we provide uniforms and safety boots
- After a 2-month probationary period:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 6 Paid sick days
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Life Insurance
- Stock options after one year of employment
- 45% Employee discount + 15 % family & friends discount
Throughout COVID, our primary focus has been the safety of our
Particles (employees), their families, community, customers, and
candidates, we have COVID safety protocols to which we strictly
Ready to become a Particle?
Keywords: Article, West Covina , Delivery Scheduler, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!