When you join First Financial Credit Union as a Auto Advisor at
our operations center in West Covina (soon to be moving to
Pasadena), you are joining a team of dedicated, self-motivated
individuals who enjoy helping others and working in a collaborative
and progressive environment. We don't shy away from our success and
work hard each day to make great things happen for our members, our
teams, and ourselves.
This position is accountable for facilitating an exceptional
auto buying experience to FFCU members by advising on and sourcing
new and pre-owned vehicles for FFCU members. The Auto Advisor
collaborates with branch and contact center staff to ensure all
members receive prompt and superior service.
Essential Functions/Duties include:
- Interviewing members to determine vehicle requirements for
- Contacting brokers and dealers to negotiate prices on
- Arranges for delivery and acceptance of vehicle through the
branch, corporate office, or wherever the member desires delivery
to take place.
- Provides professional and timely contact with FFCU Members for
the locating and negotiating prices of vehicles and ultimately
closing of pre-approved vehicle loans.
- Informing the Member of various vehicles available and options
of closing the sale.
- Will act as the point of contact for the members so no contact
with dealer or broker is required.
- Implementing mission, vision and values of the Credit Union,
the Code/Standards of Excellence, and corporate policy in all
dealings with members, co-workers and others.
- High School Diploma; College education preferred.
- Possess some knowledge of the automobile industry and must have
excellent written, communication, member service skills and a
- Minimum of three (3) years of consumer lending experience is
- Auto Advisor
- A working knowledge of the Auto Industry, DMV regulations,
Civil Code and Federal laws that related to automobiles
- A working knowledge of lending techniques.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Computer proficiency in PC applications and loan
origination/automated underwriting systems.
- Valid current driver's license and auto insurance coverage
- The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without
endangering the health or safety of him/her or others.
At the very heart of who we are is doing what is in the best
interest of our members, employees, and the California educational
community. By listening to, and knowing the needs of our
membership, we have become their trusted advisor. We focus on our
members' end-to-end experience (journey) and employees are
empowered to help members make their financial dreams a reality. To
that end, we focus on hiring for talent and the right fit for our
We are in business to serve the educational community, and our
internal members our talented staff with the same respect and
extraordinary service expectations.
At the credit union, we believe that talent and attitude count
as much as skill and experience. As a result, we are looking for
talented people who share our vision, our passion for the
educational community, and for delivering exceptional service with
the right attitude.
We believe in a good work/life balance and retaining our
employees. We hire motivated people who we train to expertly
perform and excel in their position--all in an environment where
you can flourish and advance.
We offer the following exceptional benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for Non-Union employees (accruing from day
- Additional PTO for every 5 years of service (up to 4
- 401(k) with 4% Safe Harbor Employer Contributions
- Gain Sharing (Profit Sharing)
- Additional Incentives and Recognition based on performance
- Special Product Pricing (discounted loan rates and interest on
accounts with no minimum balance)
Community Minded, Just Like You
Our dedication to the educational community sets us apart from
the big banks and other credit unions. Our staff and volunteers
(Board Members and Supervisory Committee) enthusiastically spend
hours volunteering at local schools each year. In addition, we
zealously give back in many other ways, including:
- Donations to local schools from both members and staff
- Teacher Grants, Classroom Supplies Grants, Teaching Credential
Grants, and Scholarships for Graduating High School Seniors (and
those pursuing their education)
- Community involvement local charities
We value and take tremendous pride in serving the financial
needs of the California educational community. We were founded by
educators for educators over 85 years ago. It's a role we take
seriously and a mission to which we are just as committed to today
as we were in 1933.
We continue to uphold a focus on educators, maintaining a
charter and mission statement that emphasize our dedication. We
have held steadfast to our commitment and have not changed our
focus nor abandoned our relationship with the educational community
over the years for the general public (as many credit unions have
done to their core membership). In fact, our Board of Directors
consists of current and retired educators, ensuring that the
educational community will remain our focus on an ongoing
For over 85 years, we have been providing better value to
members, consistently demonstrating our commitment with our time-
and money-saving products and services designed specifically for
the needs of the California educational community.
We have 11 branches in Southern California, serving Los Angeles
County, Orange County, San Diego County, the Inland Empire, the San
Gabriel and San Fernando Valleys.
We are looking for talented people who share our vision, our
passion for the educational community, for delivering exceptional
service and for doing what is in the best interest of our