Tortilleria Clerk - Store #22 PT
Company: Northgate Markets
Location: West Covina
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and
since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los
Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a
full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery,
tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of
domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a
Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people
to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for
enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us.
We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and
fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a
sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you
are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and
want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer
opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family
member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and
flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit
JOB SUMMARY: To maintain and operate the tortillera department
in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the
shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to, the following
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and observe company dress regulations; must wear an approved hat or
- Cook "Nixtamal"; operate the mill (dough); package, count and
even up "tortillas".
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
service or assistance.
- Learn all the products' names and prices used in the tortillera
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in
compliance with store policy, department standards and state and
local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in training associates when assigned.
- Maintain good communication in the department and throughout
- Comply with safety policies and procedures; read all of the
safety committee bulletins.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Should have a high school education including some exposure to
college courses (but does not necessarily have to be
- Should have a minimum of one-year experience in overall
department operations with successful or concurrent participation
in a management training program; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Food Safety certificate
- Safety Training Certificate
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, proportions, ratios,
- Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and
complete required accounting reports including inventory,
receiving, and variations in cash or column totals.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order
to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal
requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer
telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and
tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures, and other
written jobrelated documents including postings on company bulletin
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence,
and effective departmental memos including "menus", and customer
signs or sales suggestions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; must have a good
work ethic and be able to work independently without much
supervision or direction.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being
drugfree under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the
Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds
carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift
moderate amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to low
temperatures in refrigerated and frozen food storage areas and
frequent exposure to or near heated ovens and high
- The employee must be available to work weekends and evenings;
overtime work is common.
- Be able to work with fresh meats, fruits, vegetables, flour,
oils, spices and other agents without negative allergic
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban
the Box Law).
Keywords: Northgate Markets, West Covina , Tortilleria Clerk - Store #22 PT, Other , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!