Tortilleria Lead - Store #22
Company: Northgate Markets
Location: West Covina
Posted on: June 1, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: To effectively direct and supervise the activities
of all tortillera department personnel in conjunction with the
Tortillera Leader; to achieve the sales and profit goals
established for the department; to ensure that the work shift
contributes to the financial best interests of the store and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code
regulations; ensure compliance with all state, county and local
weights and measures laws and labeling/pricing requirements.
- Maintaining & recording accurately inventory levels to maximize
sales and optimize gross profit.
- Follows merchandising standards and systems as defined
schematics, productions planning, merchandising and display
standards, known loss tacking.
- Enforce and manage the local vendors to ensure proper service
and inventory levels and standards.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking
and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product
- Check and verify tortillera department receiving to ensure that
items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered; check product
for quality, count or weight, and condition.
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness,
product quality and turnover for maximum sales to minimize
outofstocks or overstocks.
- Control department expenses to plan (workers comp, labor and
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a
clean and attractive department.
- Ensure that all transfers in and out of the department are
Schedule associates effectively to optimize sales and provide an
outstanding customer experience within budget requirements for the
Manage department gross profit by monitoring sales vs
Follow approved tortilleria plans for effective space management
based on profitability.
Keep all displays fully stocked and faced at all times according
to tag allocation, product movement or department standards; sign
and display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
Follow planned program of maintenance on cases, back room
coolers, and other department equipment; check refrigeration
equipment for proper performance a minimum of one time per
Ensure that all department equipment is correctly used and
maintained in good working order.
Train and manage food portion control.
Take action to control shrinkage by utilizing company programs
such as, share it fresco, production planning, known loss tracking
and second life.
Maintain a neat, wellgroomed personal appearance at all times
and observe company dress regulations; enforce grooming standards
throughout the department; must wear an approved hat or hair
- Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses; observe
security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer
actions and behavior; report to management or security any abnormal
- Responsible for ensuring that all department personnel are
trained in the store's method of performing department activities
- Maintain good communication in the store and throughout the
- Train all associated to greet all customers and provide them
with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Meet department Voice of the Customer / SMG standards.
- Clearly communicate and enforce standards for quality, customer
service, safety, asset protection, sanitation, department
conditions, 5S and Food Safety for the department.
- Work out a department merchandising plan with the store team
leader and establish goals.
- Notify store team leader of personnel situations or policy
violations affecting store operating performance or of situations
requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such
- Effectively supervise all tortillera department personnel.
- Comply and ensure that all safety policies and procedures are
- Ensure that all department equipment is correctly used and
maintained in good working order; immediately advise store
management of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Perform/manage all daily safety observations.
- Comply/train with all department safety regulations.
- Perform/manage daily axonify participation.
- Comply/train with recipe guidelines.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High school diploma preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in department
- Food Handlers Certification
- Department Manager Training
- Safety certifications
- Sexual Harassment Training
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, proportions, ratios,
volume and to apply concepts of basic supermarket math.
- Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and
complete required accounting reports including inventory,
receiving, and variations in cash or column totals.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order
to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal
requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer
telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and
tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written
jobrelated documents including postings on company bulletin
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals including effective departmental memos, employee
action notices, "menus", and customer signs or sales
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature
and duties of every staff position in the department including
procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being
drugfree under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the
Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds
carrying bulk containers of food and beverage products and
frequently exert or lift negligible amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus with
sufficient visual acuity to examine and verify invoices and other
- Be able to climb a ladder to retrieve otherwise inaccessible
items stored on overhead racks, elevated shelves and other storage
areas; be able to sweep and mop floors, dust and face shelves, and
lift and carry out trash containers to be emptied in an outside
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to
respond quickly to fire or other emergencies such as cleanup
requests (due to accidental spills or breakage of glass or plastic
containers having liquid contents), shoplifting and other security
assistance requests, customer accidents, etc.
- Be able to stock coolers and shelves and endure working under
temperature extremes in refrigerated storage areas up to 20 minutes
at a time. The work environment includes frequent exposure to or
near heated ovens and high temperatures.
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Keywords: Northgate Markets, West Covina , Tortilleria Lead - Store #22, Other , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!