Home Health Aide
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Location: West Covina
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Home Health Aide shall be employed to provide limited nursing
and/or related services in the home, consistent with training, with
California State Certification, and with the Federal Code
Regulations, Title 20 SSA Aide provides personal, environmental and
nutritional services under the orders of a physician and with
appropriate supervision by a registered professional nurse.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Assists patient with transfers, ambulation, exercises, and
prescribed rehabilitation techniques.
- Helps patient with bathroom or bedpan use.
- Provides such incidental household or environmental services as
are essential to the patient's health care at home.
- This may include doing the patient's personal laundry, keeping
bedroom and kitchen in order and reasonably clean.(No general
- Prepares some meals or special diets and may prepare food for
the patient's consumption between visits.
- Enlists and coordinates assistance of friends or family members
and encourages the patient to become increasingly self-reliant when
- Reports to supervisory Registered Nurse all changes in the
patient's condition or family situation. Participates in team
- Maintain records related to job responsibilities.
- Other appropriate duties consistent with the individual's
experience which, in the opinion of the physician and the Home
Health Team, would improve the quality of patient care and Aide
- These duties may include assistance with administration of
medications ordinarily self administered that have been
specifically ordered by the physician.
- Would be limited to those medications and patients specifically
delegated by the registered nurse to the aide.
- The Home Health Aide will not apply any topical medications
without a physician's order and specific delegation by the RN to
- The Home Health Aide may carry out a digital rectal examination
for the purpose of removing fecal impactions with an order from
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to
internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are
consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing
extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
Pay Grade: 24
- Two (2) years ofexperience as a Home Health Aide in Home Health
Agency or new grad from a State Certified Home Health Aide Training
Program with a minimum of one (1) year CNA experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Home Health Aid Certification required.
- Must possess a current valid class 3 California driver's
- Must attach a current CQA driver record information sheet,
obtained within the last month. During the two year period
immediately preceding the data of application, must have a driving
record, which is free of incidents involving the applicant's
negligence.Also free of citations with forfeit for bail for driving
while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving. Driving
record must not reflect more than two moving violations during the
same two-year period. License and driving record will be
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, West Covina , Home Health Aide, Other , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!