Company: General Entertainment Content
Location: West Covina
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Job Summary: The Counsel for Twentieth Television Legal Affairs
will be a member of a diverse and dynamic Legal Affairs team. You
will work collaboratively with other lawyers and Business Affairs
executives on all legal matters, and will be expected to provide
guidance and direction reflecting sound judgment and substantive
legal knowledge. The position reports to the Assistant Chief
Counsel for Twentieth Television. Responsibilities: LEGAL EXPERTISE
- Provide direction and guidance in connection with all legal
issues related to the production of original material.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements for the development and
production of original live action programming for telecast on a
variety of platforms: streaming services and cable networks.
- Analysis and advice in connection with intellectual property
matters, claims, clearances, and other matters arising out of the
day-to-day operations of a large television studio. Clients will
include such other departments as Business Affairs, Creative,
Development, Production, Production Finance, Casting and Casting
Administration, Contract Administration, Marketing, and Brand
- Experience in the following areas is essential: live action,
scripted television production; distribution/acquisition
agreements; copyright; trademark; clearances; defamation; rights of
publicity and privacy, and other personal and property
rights.CROSS-TEAM COLLABORATION & PARTNERSHIP:
- Work closely with the Litigation Department and outside counsel
on litigation matters relating to all aspects of the Twentieth
Television business, including distribution, production, labor and
- Work closely with the corporate Intellectual Property group in
connection with intellectual property issues, including
anti-piracy, clearance, privacy/defamation, patent, trademark and
- Coordinate with the corporate Tax Department on tax issues for
Twentieth Television, working often in this regard with Business
- Partner effectively and work closely with Labor Relations,
Business Affairs and Production on high-level and strategic labor
issues that confront Twentieth Television. Basic Qualifications:
- Qualified candidate will have a JD degree and 4+ years--
experience, preferably in Legal Affairs in the television or
streaming industry. Intellectual property, corporate transaction
and/or litigation experience at a major law firm or studio will
also be considered.
- Demonstrated success in earning the trust of legal and business
executives to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze complex issues and
devise solutions and strategies.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and writing skills; as well as
ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly,
- Basic knowledge of AFTRA/SAG, DGA and WGA rules for live action
- A collegial and collaborative lawyer with a commitment to a
positive working environment within the legal organization.Skills &
- Exceptional drafting, analytical and organizational
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently, executing
multiple high priority projects with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, sound judgment
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills, including a
healthy sense of humor and the ability to build professional,
interdepartmental relationships at multiple levels. Preferred
- Television studio, production company, and/or intellectual
property experience preferred.
- Experience as a lawyer within a law firm. Required Education
- Law Degree
- Bar Membership (California is preferred) Additional
Keywords: General Entertainment Content, West Covina , Counsel, Legal , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!