Assistant Store Manager
Company: American Tire Depot
Location: West Covina
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDue to continual expansion plans American Tire
Depot is looking for a strong and proven Full Time Assistant Store
Manager to join our rapidly growing team! This role is to control
costs, managing profitability, training and developing the team of
employees, maintaining the appearance of the facilities and
ensuring proper operational procedures are followed. You will
handle customer complaint resolution, daily customer interaction,
coaching, directing the team, and executing at 100% of the service
standard.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all aspects of store operations including but not
limited to shop, sales, office, and management.
- Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and
products to customers.
- Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and
procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge
and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling,
proper vendor check-in, stocking merchandise.
- Responsible for staffing the store with adequate personnel,
implementing training programs, and execution of all company
programs, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends the employment, discipline, wage adjustments, and
termination of store personnel and conducts performance evaluations
of all store employees within the store.
- Provides guidance to staff in the resolution of difficult
questions or customer concerns.
- Conducts weekly store meetings to review safety issues, store
policies, procedures, and product information changes as
- Sets goals and strategies to ensure the successful
accomplishment of budgeted sales goals, gross profit percentages,
expense control, and payroll objectives.
- Monitors employee productivity in accordance to established
- Responsible for maintaining all accounts receivable and the
collections of past due accounts when necessary.
- Responsible for proper documentation, filing, and payments of
accounts payable to ensure proper tracking and maximum
- Ensures prompt and consistent opening and closing of location
based on store hours of operation.
- Responsible for the processing of all adjustments.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning
all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store
- Ensure proper work schedule is followed, and adhere to proper
clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management,
employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any
maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
- Properly train new employees and develop the skills of the
- Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual
- Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock
shelves.REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- Three years of experience in the retail or sales industry
- One year of sales or automotive shop environment experience
- Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend,
climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
- Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and
working in adverse weather conditions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Sales Abilities
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently;
manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality
workAmerican Tire Depot is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants for employment will be considered without regard to
race, color, sex, national origin, religion, physical or mental
disability or other class or category protected by federal, state
or local laws. American Tire Depot is committed to protecting the
safety, health and well-being of employees and individuals in our
workplace.1188Powered by JazzHR0LdmL00Kdw
Keywords: American Tire Depot, West Covina , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!