Psychiatric Social Worker
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: West Covina
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Description: The Psychiatric Social Worker is a member of an
interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis
formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and
psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar
with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate
and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The Psychiatric
Social Worker may work with specific age group as is determined by
training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise
in a variety of treatment modalities. The majority of the position
will be spent in direct patientcare.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment
planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to members
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical
encounters in members charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patients clinical care
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and
interpreting the psychological and social meaning of
- Determines urgency of members need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of members presentation
and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for
members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and
letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social
agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care
environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural
determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not
limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal
guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
- Two (2) years of post graduate mental health therapy experience
within the last five (5) years required.
- Masters degree in a Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other
field related to behavioral health required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California) OR Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor (California) OR Licensed Clinical
Social Worker (California)
- National Provider Identifier
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
Primary Location: California,West Covina,West Covina Garvey Mental
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 07:00 AM
Working Hours End: 07:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B11-PSC-NUHW-NUHW Psych Social
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: West Covina Mental Health - Mental
Hlth/Psychiatry-RegClin - 0806
Pay Range: $43.64 - $53.06 / year The ranges posted above reflect
the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you
reside in a different location or state than the location
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity,
inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and
we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a
diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better
place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our
communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working
at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our
commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together
to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of
belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. Submit Interest
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, West Covina , Psychiatric Social Worker, Healthcare , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!