LVN-Home Health/Hospice/Palliative Care - Fontana Medical Center - Home Health (Part Time)
Location: West Covina
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides nursing care to patients under the direction of a
Registered Nurse utilizes observational skills to assess nursing
intervention and assists medical staff to insure optimal patient
care within established policies, procedures and standards.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors,
physicians, and co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, and
respect; conforms to the critical service standards established for
the department and the hospital.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance with the
patients established by the physician and a registered nurse within
scope of practice.
- Transcribes physicians' orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly with registered nurse to institute
changes in plan of care; assists with and contributes to
development of nursing care plan (Interdisciplinary Care
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically,
intramuscularly and topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder
irrigations and installations, suctioning procedures, throat
irrigations and enemas; utilizing equipment as required; provides
nursing care for patients in isolation.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking
temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure readings;
applying and removing dressings, and bathing; may instruct patient
in various self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains
specimens; assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel with
examinations and treatments by selecting and passing instruments,
providing support and restraint to patient, draping and other
assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope, evaluates patient's condition by observing signs,
symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or
significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as
necessary and reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as
established by policy and procedure in a timely manner.
- Identifies learning barriers. Provides non-complicated teaching
following the registered nurses plan for education.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations and therapeutic
treatments to patient's medical record.
- Ensures proper functioning of patient care equipment by visual
inspection, routine testing, and other related methods.
- Evaluates and reports environmental safety concerns to the RN
- Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required
by nursing administration to provide and maintain the established
standards of care and safety.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Assists in ordering and distribution of unit supplies and
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer,
oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal and trach
suctioning and sputum induction.
- Documents care in medical record.
- Performs other related duties as required. Assists in
coordinating the discharge process.
- Required to drive/travel as part of doing visits to patient's
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to
internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are
consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing
extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Age Related Competencies Skills assessments and validations are
utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to
specific age groups (i.e., infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are
proficient in identifying the special needs and behaviors
associated with a particular patient population.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent (within the last three (3)
years) experience as a LVN in a home health/hospice or acute care
License, Certification, Registration
- Driver's License (California)
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- I.V. Certification
- Driving/travelling as part of doing visits to patients
- Schedule to include rotating weekends and holidays
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, West Covina , LVN-Home Health/Hospice/Palliative Care - Fontana Medical Center - Home Health (Part Time), Healthcare , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...