Direct Support Professional or Caregiver P/T Fri/Sat NOC $18.00/HR.
Location: West Covina
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Join Elwyn California!
Elwyn California is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional
to work with our team in residential group homes. This is a
non-exempt level position reporting to the Program
Direct Support Professional Primary Function
- Direct Support Professional staff provide assistance and
supervise residents in activities of daily living.
- Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's
program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager
or licensed staff in charge.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and
schedules established by their supervisor.
- Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of
suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program
policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) required for medical model
- Must have at least one year experience working in a program
serving persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and
- Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7;
AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a
clinical nursing environment.
- Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or
- Valid California driver license
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug
screen, including current TB
- Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
- Successful completion of all trainings as required by
applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and
Equal Opportunity EmployerElwyn California is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit
human services organization dedicated to serving children and
adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing
innovative services for people with developmental disabilities
since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build
meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find
support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live
as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective
talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with
diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government,
Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Intellectual
Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state
of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family
homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like"
amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and
home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to
provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller
number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to
#CA - -#CB - -#MON - -#ZR
Keywords: Elwyn, West Covina , Direct Support Professional or Caregiver P/T Fri/Sat NOC $18.00/HR., Healthcare , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!