Internal Medicine Lead Physician, Los Angeles, California - San Gabriel Valley - West Covina
Company: Integrity Healthcare
Location: West Covina
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Internal Medicine opening in West Covina, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
- Lead Physician opening
- BC / Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Located East of downtown in West Covina
- 100% outpatient
- 60% clinical / 40% admin
- M-F 8-5 schedule
- EMR - NextGen
- Salaried plus RVU
- Base = $250,000-$300,000 depending on experience
- 10% guaranteed bonus for years one and two and then transition to
RVU-based bonus in year 3
- 4 primary care providers at this location
- Full benefits
The Lead physician (LP) provides clinical leadership and drives
office performance around clinical quality, cost efficiency,
customer service and workplace satisfaction. LP represents the
providers of the office in the Physician Leadership Council. LP
works In addition, LP is a practicing physician in the office with
the same responsibilities and duties of that position.
LP works with providers and management to solve complex operational
problems; coordinates and implements clinical service projects;
assists providers to maximize efficiency and productivity of their
offices; participates in office operational planning; and has
oversight of providers within the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Operational and Strategic Initiatives
- Responsible for achieving corporate goals and driving
performance for the following key operational metrics:
- Patient experience/satisfaction
- Enrollment growth
- Billing/Charting completion times
- Provider productivity
- HCC/RAF scores
- STAR/Quality scores
- ER visits
- Hospital admissions
- Provider satisfaction
- Partner/collaborate with administrative dyad partner (office
manager and/or regional operations director) in the overall
operation of the office.
- Lead monthly office Provider/Clinical Quality Committee (CQC)
meetings to identify opportunities for impacting
utilization/clinical outcome, communicate/update office providers
on office metric performance, and obtain input for performance
- Promote relationship between specialists and primary
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing clinical metrics to
identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop/implement corrective plans for performance
- Collaborate with dyad partner with department goals, policies,
procedures, and reporting tools.
Personnel and Management-Related Functions
- Provide overall direction and guidance for office providers,
including scheduling and productivity.
- Serve as a physician model for other providers in quality of
care, cost efficiency and customer service.
- Supervise nurse practitioners and/or physician
- Manage performance of providers including:
- Annual performance evaluations and merit increases
recommendations and promotions.
- Disciplinary actions.
- Document variance from standard performance.
- Involved in interviewing, hiring, and training key
- Marketing department regarding marketing events, company
promotions, health fairs, web sites, social media, etc.
- Hospitalists, SNFists, and case managers to insure proper
patient transitions/care plan implementation.
- Vital Care to verify providers properly initiate and utilize
- IT department on EMR and other information systems to identify
problems, beta- test, implement changes, and train.
- Quality Management to monitor and maintain a high standard of
patient care and compliance with all appropriate regulatory
- Specialties to facilitate patient care, efficiency,
communication, and support common company goals.
- Compliance around regulatory issues (HIPPA, OSHA, CLIA,
Physician Interaction and/or Clinical Functions
- Monitor metrics and drive improvements to meat corporate goals
in the following areas:
- PCP and SCP scope of practice
- Referral rates per thousand
- Prior-authorization denial rates
- Appropriateness of tertiary care referrals
- Prevention of inappropriate hospital admissions
- Use of preferred providers and facilities
- Hospice/Palliative Care utilization
Regulatory and Compliance Functions
- Ensure provider compliance with regulatory and legal
requirements (HIPPA, OSHA, CLIA, etc.).
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing,
evaluating and supervising of programs and services in accordance
with existing federal, state and local standards, as well as the
approved budget, policies and procedures
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Integrity Healthcare, West Covina , Internal Medicine Lead Physician, Los Angeles, California - San Gabriel Valley - West Covina, Healthcare , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!