Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo
Company: Goldrich Kest
Location: West Covina
Posted on: November 25, 2022
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Under the Supervision of the Community Manager, the Maintenance
Manager is responsible to maintain the overall appearance and
maintenance needs of the community. Responsibilities include curb
appeal; supervise the maintenance staff; coordinate make-readies
and move ins/move out schedules; perform general maintenance
repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee the
construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
The selected candidate will collaborate with the Community Manager
for the overall property in order to assist the leasing staff in
achieving the overall occupancy goals, and for assisting in
resident retention by providing a quality living experience for the
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It
is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of
this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform
job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property's
maintenance team. Apply GK policies and procedures to all
maintenance operations of the community.
- Prioritize work assignments and evaluate job performance of
maintenance associates. Ensure all work is completed according to
- Collaborate with the Community Manager to coordinate the
move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion
of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns
need to be completed in 5 days.
- Perform, schedule and supervise maintenance repairs throughout
the property including the common area amenities, resident occupied
units, and vacant units in preparation for new resident
- Work with vendors to coordinate repairs. Ensure quality work is
- Assist Community Manager in obtaining proposals from vendors as
- Manage open service requests through Onesite. Work orders need
to be completed in 24-48 hours.
- Communicates with the Community Manager regarding the status of
work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all
equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on
various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming
pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and
- Performs common area painting.
- Conducts monthly lighting inspections and replacements of
lights where needed.
- Completes monthly and annual inspections on time. Follow up on
any issues needing improvement.
- Keep work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas, equipment
clean, and well organized.
- Consistently maintains a clean and attractive environment
around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, and all common
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which
includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs,
trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris,
including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied
at all times.
- Maintains the property's flowerbeds, plants, and grass area,
including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance (including pool
- Maintains clean laundry rooms, mailrooms, doors, and light
fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Ensure policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance
expectations are met.
- Reports to Community Manager any inoperable vehicles on
property, leaks, mold, injury, criminal activity and ensures
incident report is submitted immediately.
- Provide safety training and instruction for newly hired
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a
safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and
- Provide input to the Community Manager for performance reviews
for community maintenance associates.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements and
require compliance of maintenance associates.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful staff.
- Comply with GK's key control policy by all maintenance
associates, vendors, and contractors. All keys must be secured and
no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK
- Presents a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident
satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Any other job duties or responsibility that may be
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers,
visitors, and residents
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management,
and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance services
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses in line
with the budget
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the work day is spent indoors performing repairs
inside of apartments and when performing computer related work.
Exposure to seasonal temperatures occurs during summer and winter
months. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud.
#teamGK Associated topics: corporate, manage, management, manager,
manager ii, manager iv, office manager, operations manager,
resident, senior care
Keywords: Goldrich Kest, West Covina , Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo, Executive , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!