Operations Manager - Plaza West Covina
Company: Pacific Retail Capital Partners
Location: West Covina
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully-integrated,
entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of
knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of
executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience
with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier
service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of
the company's own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in
multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables
the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management,
marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control
costs and maintain the quality of its properties. This position is
based in West Covina, CA but our company operates nationally with a
particular emphasis on large regional malls.Operations Manager -
Plaza West CovinaThe Operations Manager will enhance the property
value by assisting the General Manager in the management of the
property. The Operations Manager should have a good understanding
of the operating systems of the property, contracted services,
construction practices, preventive maintenance, and safety
practices.Principle Responsibilities:Management and Operations
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner
which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owner's
asset within the context of the Management Agreement, Loan
Documents, REA and leases.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices,
ensure compliance with local codes and regulations, and pass the
compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing, and anticipated
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work,
requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and
- Manage maintenance team through effective communication,
supervision, training, and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed
on time and within budget.
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process
to complete the capital projects.
- Review public safety reports to monitor incidents, identify
trends, verify accuracy, and develop preventive programs as
- Process and track all insurance claims to ensure proper
follow-up and mitigation.
- Manage tenant construction by working with tenant coordinators,
contractors, and tenants.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and
take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted
services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing
up to our maximum standards.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery, and
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word,
- Accurate budget preparation with emphasis on minimizing
expenses by efficient use of manpower and materials.
- Develop and manage the operation expenses at budgeted
- Manage capital projects in a timely, cost-effective manner at
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting operational and
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly ownership
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time to
successfully operate a Regional Shopping Center.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or certificate from a professional trade
- Minimum 5 years of prior Operations, Facilities or Property
- Experience in supervising others
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Working knowledge of maintenance and operational functions
- Ability to read and understand building blueprints, CAD
drawings and other schematic files
- Able to display professional computer skills (email, excel,
word, online order systems etc.)Competencies:
- Drive Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully,
bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results.
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems,
open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure
of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful
sources for answers, can see hidden problems, looks beyond the
obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Timely Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner,
sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and
- Organization - Can marshal resources (people, funding,
material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple
activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively
and efficiently, arranges information and files in a useful
- Planning - Establish course of action to accomplish goals,
develops plan for achieving results, can orchestrate multiple
activities at once, uses resources effectively, measures
performance against goals & evaluate results.
- Time Management - Uses time effectively and efficiently, values
time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets
more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range
- Communication- Able to provide on-going communications to mall
team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed
- Teamwork - Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support
to other departments as necessary.
- Customer Service - Has the interpersonal skills to provide good
service to customers, contractors, vendors, ownership, and clients.
Has friendly and helpful attitude.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness in varying environments,
tasks, and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, can
shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the
total picture. Can comfortably handle risk and
uncertainty.Benefits:We value our employees' time and efforts. Our
commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive
compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time
off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth
opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the
best possible environment for our employees where people can learn
and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative,
creative environment where each person feels encouraged to
contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.To
Apply: To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume
and cover letter. Please reference "Operations Manager - Plaza West
Covina" in the subject line.We are an equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Pacific Retail Capital Partners, West Covina , Operations Manager - Plaza West Covina, Executive , West Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!